Tomorrow (Saturday, Feb 23rd) is Portland Fit’s first day! Rain or shine, we hope you join us at 8am at Portland Running Company-Beaverton. All abilities are welcome. We’ll be having a brief orientation seminar, handing out tech training shirts, and going on a 3-mile run or walk.
Still need to register? You can sign up online here. It’s not too late!
What happens on the first day?
- As you drive up, you’ll be directed to parking by our helpful Assistant Coaches.
- As you approach, you’ll be greeted by more Assistant Coaches. At least we hope so… there are more of you than there are of them!
- You can check in at either the Pre-Registered table (if you signed up early) or your register onsite (checks/cash only; no credit cards).
- Pick up your Portland Fit shirt… we’ve never had them on the first day before!
- Listen as John and Dave introduce the program, discuss some logistics, and explain the season. Pro-tip: Dave is the funny, entertaining one. John is the reserved, but devilishly handsome fellow (that writes most of the blog posts).
- Run or walk (or a combination) 3 miles! We’ll be heading out toward Fanno Creek Trail for a 3-mile loop that starts/ends at PRC.
- Received your color-coded shoe tag as you finish. This identifies your color group and associates you with others for the season. It’s like our version of the Hogwarts sorting hat.
That’s it! During the week follow the training schedule and run or walk on your own a few times. Then we’ll see you next week!